What Is Reverse Inclusion?
Reverse Inclusion is an innovative and interactive inclusive sports education program developed by Suncoast Spinners Wheelchair Basketball Inc.
The Aim of Reverse Inclusion:
Reverse Inclusion aims to deliver a truly inclusive sporting opportunity where people of all abilities can play sport together on an equal playing field (court). The importance of access to sport and the benefits of inclusion practices within the wider community are major awareness aims of the program.
- To educate students, teachers and special education staff about wheelchair sport programs available on the Sunshine Coast, delivered by Suncoast Spinners.
- To provide a fun and interactive inclusive sport program using wheelchairs and basketball to convey the messages.
- To raise awareness of wheelchair sports by visiting schools, corporate groups and the wider community across the Sunshine Coast.
- To create connections between people with disability on the Sunshine Coast and their community.
- Educate students, teachers and the wider community about various types of wheelchair sports ideal for Reverse Inclusion.
- Promote a proactive approach to the inclusion of people with disabilities.